Friday, 24 July 2009

First Aid Kit

THURSDAY 16TH JULY.
HUGE thanks to Mike Howells, one of the Dad's in school who is a paramedic and just happens to have training in outdoor/jungle medicine. He has given some fantastic advice/guidence on keeping safe and clean in camp. I guess it's pretty common sense stuff, but i hadn't really thought about it- eg unzip the sleeping bag and shake down before you climb into it etc!!
Parents and pupils who know me, will know that i am not particularly bothered by bugs, however I'm not too sure about creepy crawlies that i cant see and potentially have nasty bites and stings! EW! And, I don't think that if I shout "help I'm a teacher- get me outta here!" anyone will come and rescue me!
Mike has kindly lent me a super dooper medical kit complete with sterile syringes and bite extractor. Cheers Mike, I hope to return it fully intact!!!!

After my chat with Mike, I went straight to Asda and bought one of their camp beds. Not sure how comfy it'll be, but at least I'll be off the ground away from lots of little creatures! I also promise to keep my hands tucked inside the sleeping bag ( and purchase some ear plugs!)

Thankyou to Sam Evans and Family - your sponsor money bought me the camp bed which I shall give to a family at the settlement when I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment