FRIDAY 17TH JULY.
Today was the last day of term. A day of mixed emotions.
My colleague, Kath Titlow was leaving and gave me a lovely letter with a check for £25. Thank you so much Kath- I'll see you one Sunday in the Autumn for afternoon tea and I shall tell you all about it!
I was bowled over in assembly when Donna Howells (no relation to Mike), Presented me with a check from the Parents Association for £100. Here is the what the accompanying letter said..
Dear Mrs Price, We are really excited as a P.A. to be able to sow this money into such a worthwhile cause. we are privilaged to be part of your adventurous journey to Zambia & to be able to make a difference in the lives of those precious children. With much love, thougt & prayers, The Parents association.xxx
And it's true, by helping me to get to Zambia, everyone is part of the adventure.
But, there was more to come. Mrs Sweeting, the head teacher, then presented me with a cheque for£240, which came from the sale of sports day programmes and photos. I've heard that the children in Zambia are big into football so I think i may buy some big inflateable balls to play games with the children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment